Country Alliance is committed to the representation and preservation of the rights and interests of those who live in, work in, or enjoy, rural and regional communities.
We believe in equality of access to education, transportation, communication and health care for regional and rural communities.
We support freedom of access to the public lands for the responsible pursuit of legitimate employment and recreational activities.
We believe that the land management policies must be guided by and funded to meet the needs of the communities that live adjacent to public land or who access it for their recreation or livelihood.
The Country Alliance is a value based party representing rural and regional communities. The objectives and values of the Alliance are set out below:
- Maintain democracy, liberty and personal responsibility;
- Increase the well-being of the whole of the population of rural and regional communities;
- Ensure the viability of communities throughout Australia, and especially in rural and regional areas;
- Ensure access to services and infrastructure by regional Australians that are of a comparable quality and price to those provided in metropolitan areas;
- Promote economic development in rural and regional Australia and the decentralisation of state and federal government bureaucracies;
- Develop the quality of life and ensure the continuation of recreational, cultural and social activities traditionally enjoyed in rural and regional Australia;
- Ensure the maintenance of an appropriate balance between economic development and a healthy and sustainable environment;
- Ensure that policies involving environmental issues are based on verifiable facts, rigorous scientific inquiry and field visits to ascertain community views;
- Ensure effective representation and promotion of the traditional values, culture, views and aspirations of Australian communities and especially those in rural and regional areas;
- Ensure that people who represent Country Alliance give primary priority to the interests of their constituents;
- Co-operate with organizations and individuals with comparable aims to the Alliance
- Endorse candidates to contest state and federal elections; and
- Do such things as are necessary to achieve the objects of the Alliance.